President William Jefferson Clinton Hunger Leadership Award
Undergraduate students with a passion to end hunger are invited to apply for the Clinton Hunger Leadership Award. Named in honor of President Bill Clinton for his commitment to humanitarian causes including the eradication of hunger, the award recognizes outstanding leadership in the movement to end hunger. Stop Hunger Now and NC State University Center for Student Leadership, Ethics and Public Service (CSLEPS) will accept video applications from Sept. 1 to
Nov. 2, 2014.
The cash award is co-sponsored by Stop Hunger Now and NC State University CSLEPS. This year’s award will be presented to the winner in February 21, 2015, at the Universities Fighting World Hunger Summit at University of Guelph, Guelph, Canada.
- Must be an enrolled student at an accredited post-secondary institution
- Demonstrated leadership in the fight against hunger
- Commitment to a life of service in the area of hunger, poverty reduction, or related discipline
- Deadline to post video November 2, 2014
How to Apply:
- Submit a 3-5 minute video detailing your vision for a world without hunger as well as your efforts to provide leadership in this area.
- Video should be creative and engaging (i.e. not a live video resume)
- Include your email address at the end of your video (Finalists will be contacted via email)
- Upload video to President William Jefferson Clinton Hunger Leadership Award vimeo group.
Top 5 video finalists will be judged by a selection committee and asked to submit the following:
- Applicant information form
- Essays indicating an understanding of the cause of hunger and related issues
- Letter of recommendation
Award timeline:November 2 - Due date for videos to be posted on Vimeo
- November 10 - Finalists are notified via email and provided application forms
- December 14 - Full application and recommendations due
- January 16 - Winner announced
- February 21 - Award presented
- 2014 - Azeem Ahmed, Auburn University
- 2014 - Honorable mention Patricia Paskov, University of Wisconsin
- 2013 - Brendan Rice, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- 2013 - Honorable mention Devin Yeomans, Auburn University
- 2012 - Ryan O'Donnell - North Carolina State University - more information
- 2011 - Gavin R. Armstrong - University of Guelph, Canada
- 2011 - Ellen Luby Orabone - American University - Honorable Mention
- 2010 - Sarah Nam - Harvard University
- 2009 - John Coggin - North Carolina State University
Partner Organization: Stop Hunger Now