Leader of the Pack
Congratulations to the 2014 Leader of the Pack Finalists
The final stage in the process is a student body vote on Monday, November 3 at Noon until Tuesday, November 4 at Noon. All students can vote at: Link Coming Soon! The results of the election will be added to the other stages of the process to determine the Leader of the Pack.
2014 Leader of the Pack Semi-Finalists:
The Leader of the Pack Program recognizes students who make outstanding contributions to NC State in the areas of leadership, scholarship and community service. Finalists for the honor are selected based on grade-point average, a personal interview, extracurricular activities, written essays on their leadership and service experience and student-body vote. The Leader of the Pack will be determined by the cumulative score from all phases of the process. The Leader of the Pack award is recognized at the Homecoming Football game.
The following criteria must be met to be eligible for the Leader of the Pack scholarship:
• Completed two semesters at NC State at the time of application
• Enrolled as an undergraduate student at NC State
• Returning to NC State for Fall 2015
• Cumulative GPA of 3.25 or higher
• Free from academic integrity probation and any previous or current disciplinary probation
Six finalists will:
• Participate in the Homecoming Parade scheduled for Friday afternoon, November 7, 2014
• Receive three tickets to the NC State vs. Georgia Tech football game on November 8, 2014
• Be recognized at half-time during the Homecoming Football Game on November 8, 2014
The top student designated as ‘The Leader of the Pack’ will also receive a $2,000 university scholarship (to be applied during the Fall 2015 semester).
The student finalist with the highest GPA will receive a $250 gift certificate from the NC State Bookstores.
Starting in 2012, the Leader of the Pack scholarship was awarded to one student. The same number of finalists will be recognized as in the past, but only one will receive the scholarship.
Deadline to apply is September 30, 2014 - 5:00pm
(Late applications will not be accepted)
Fall 2013 - Austin Bath (pictured above)
Fall 2012 - Rusty Mau
Fall 2011 - Alan Sheridan & Michelle Philllips
Fall 2010 - Sam Dennis & Chandler Thompson
Fall 2009 - Taylor Massey & Nicole Machado-Alvarez
Fall 2008 - Elise Bullard & Matthew Avery
Fall 2007 - Anna Patton & Nicholas Schultz
Fall 2006 - Paul Carruth & Casey Coats
Fall 2005 - Nancy Zagbayou & Mark A. Clapp
Fall 2004 - Erin Welch & Robby Moorefield
Fall 2003 - Sarah King & Mital Patel
Fall 2002 - Andrea Hernandez & Tony Caravano