LeaderShape Institute at NC State
Since its inception in 1986, The LeaderShape Institute has developed a national reputation as a premier leadership development programs for young adults. The LeaderShape Institute is an intensive and energizing six-day program open to any participant, institution, or workplace interested in producing extraordinary results in an organization and developing a commitment to lead with a high level of integrity.
On-Site Coordinator Applications are NOW Open!
On-Site Coordinator Position Description
The On-Site Coordinator serves as an important member of the LeaderShape® Institute faculty, carrying out crucial logistical and conference management tasks during the session. He or she works in partnership with the Program Coordinator, Leads, and Cluster Facilitators to ensure the success of the LeaderShape® Institute and is responsible for organizing the materials for both faculty and participants. The On-Site Coordinator position provides the opportunity for LeaderShape® graduates who are passionate about the LeaderShape® to further their involvement in the program as a member of the faculty.
- All applicants must be graduates of the LeaderShape® Institute
- All applicants must meet NC State regulation 11.55.07 on Student Leadership. Read more at: http://policies.ncsu.edu/regulation/reg-11-55-07
- Preference will be given to applicants who will be returning as full-time students at NC State during the 2015-2016 academic year
On-Site Coordinator Major Roles & Responsibilities
- Assist the Program Coordinator with logistics for the LeaderShape® Institute
- Serve as a faculty member during the LeaderShape® Institute
- Participate in faculty training and all faculty meetings
- Work in collaboration with the Leads and Cluster Facilitators to ensure a successful LeaderShape® Institute
- Organize all LeaderShape® supplies (both those provided by LeaderShape® and by NC State)
- Follow the On-Site Coordinator to-do list to ensure that all tasks are done on time and with high attention to detail
- Serve as a resource for Leads and Cluster Facilitators on campus climate and culture
- Set up the Learning Community as needed by the Lead Facilitators
- Serve as an on-site emergency contact for participants
- Be thinking and acting one step ahead of the faculty and curriculum in terms of preparation and readiness
- Be accountable to the Lead Facilitators regarding training and curriculum of the LeaderShape® Institute
- Serve as a role model for participants on what it means to lead with integrity™
Time Requirement: LeaderShape® Leadership Team meeting at least once during Fall 2014 semester; Starting in January 2015, Monthly and bi-weekly leadership team meetings ; LeaderShape® Institute preparation with Program Coordinator during Student organization visits (to promote LeaderShape® and request financial assistance); 4-5 orientation meetings in April 2015.
Desired Skills & Characteristics: A successful On-Site Coordinator will be a role model; lead with integrity™ at all times; be pro-active, not reactive; have high attention to details; work cooperatively on a team; be able to think and plan one step ahead of the facilitators and curriculum at all times; have strong administrative and critical thinking skills; be able to relate to a variety of personality styles; have an understanding of their role as a facilitator; be consistent in his/her job performance throughout the LeaderShape® Institute; have a healthy disregard for the impossible; be ready and confident to manage a variety of situations
Supervisor: Brooks Artis, Student Program Coordinator
Advisor: Dawn Morgan, Coordinator for CSLEPS and Staff Program Coordinator
Stipend: $600 (at the conclusion of the LeaderShape® Institute)
Application deadline is October 3rd at 5pm. To apply, please click here.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact LeaderShape@ncsu.edu.