Service NC State Meal Packaging Event
7th Annual Service NC State Meal Packaging Event
Friday, November 21st, 2014 6pm-Midnight
Participant registration is coming soon, but to get a head start on helping us reach our fundraising goals, you can donate here!
CALLING Committee Members and LEAD Volunteers!
If interested in participating as a MEMBER/CHAIR on the planning committee OR serving as a LEAD volunteer the day of the event, please complete this interest form by Monday July 14th. Sub-committee chairs will be contacted by July 21st and will begin contacting their sub-committees in August. Information for LEAD volunteers will be shared with the Volunteer sub-committee chair. You can expect to be contacted weeks before the event.
Planning Committee Expectations/Requirements:
- Members of the planning committee will serve on a sub-committee including: Entertainment, Fundraising, Marketing, Recruitment, Reflection, Volunteers
- Chairs will be assigned the week of July 21st and will begin communicating with their sub-committees in August.
- Members will meet every other week on Thursday afternoons from late August until the end of November (including post-event wrap up meeting)
- Chairs are expected to provide progress reports for each meeting and ensure a representative from each sub-committee is in attendance if absent.
- Some committees may consist of varying amounts of work at different times. A common expectation of all committee members is to be actively engaged in the recruitment and fundraising goals of the team.
LEAD Volunteer Expectations/Requirements:
- LEAD Volunteers will be available for the entire day instead of shifts.
- LEAD Volunteer duties consist of but are not limited to parking attendants, registration/volunteer check-in, managing stations (funnels, scalers, sealers, boxers, refills) and facilitating debrief/reflection activities.
- If volunteering as a LEAD, you will need to be available early afternoon on Friday, November 21st for set-up (around 1pm).
- All LEAD Volunteers are expected to attend a Training on Thursday evening of November 20th.
If you are interested in joining the planning committee or learning more about how you can get involved, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about Stop Hunger Now, visit their website at www.stophhungernow.org