ACC Leadership Symposium
The Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) has long supported the efforts of its member institutions in developing student leaders – through athletics and campus life. Through the support of the ACC, each year 5-7 undergraduate student leaders (accompanied by a faculty/staff advisor) from each ACC university gather at a host university for a 3-day leadership symposium to share both leadership strategies and knowledge regarding a specific social issue.
The symposium is designed to develop a community of ACC undergraduate students who understand the relationship between global and local issues and work collaboratively to create innovative initiatives that advance students’ capacity for global leadership. Student leaders will have the opportunity to learn through intensive engagement in educational sessions, keynote addresses, topical content exploration, simulations and experiential application.
Each year, applications are available to undergraduate students at the end of Fall to attend the symposium at the end of February of the following year.
This year, the ACC Leadership Symposium will be hosted at Wake Forest University from Friday, Feb. 24 through Sunday, Feb. 26. The 2017 NC State delegation was selected via application in November.
2017 Symposium Description:
Join us at Wake Forest University to learn about Wellbeing for Social Change at the 2017 ACC Student Leadership Symposium. This year’s symposium will focus on the idea of what it truly means to “THRIVE” on campus for transformation of campus and surrounding communities. Participants in this year’s symposium will explore how wellbeing and thriving can aid in facilitating lasting social change.
- Leadership Development;
- Practical Applications of Mindful Leadership Skills;
- Creative Problem Solving through the Development of a Collaborative Project; and
- Experiential Activities that Explore Wellbeing and Social Change.
Throughout the symposium, student participants will:
- Engage in group learning and individual breakout sessions;
- Understand how wellbeing connects to social change;
- Learn about initiatives related to wellbeing;
- Formulate a personal action plan for individual leadership;
- Formulate a campus/group action plan for organizational leadership; and
- Reinforce the responsibility to engage in broader society.
Expectations for selected student delegates are:
- Represent North Carolina State University and uphold the policies, standards and values of our university
- Attend mandatory training sessions prior to the symposium to prepare for the conference
- Actively participate in the symposium and engage with other attendees
- Implement and/or share what you learned from the symposium with the NCSU community
For more information about the ACC Leadership Symposium, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.