Apply Here – Application deadline has been extended to Monday, March 27th at 11:59pm.
LeaderShape Institute at NC State
The LeaderShape Institute has developed a national reputation as a premier leadership development program for young adults. The LeaderShape Institute is an intensive and energizing six-day program open to any participant, institution, or workplace interested in producing extraordinary results in an organization and developing a commitment to lead with a high level of integrity. NC State has been hosting an annual campus-based session of the LeaderShape Institute since 2004.
The Mission of LeaderShape, Inc.
To transform the world by increasing the number of people who lead with integrity™ and a healthy disregard for the impossible.
The Vision of LeaderShape, Inc.
A just, caring, and thriving world where all lead with integrity™ and a healthy disregard for the impossible.
The LeaderShape Institute at NC State University
- Will take place Tuesday, May 16th- Sunday, May 21th, 2017 at the 4-H Environmental Education and Conference Center in Columbia, NC
- 60 NC State students are selected and are accompanied by 10 Faculty, Staff and Student Staff serving in a variety of leadership team roles.
- In order to attend the LeaderShape Institute, you must be returning to NC State in the fall semester 2017, either as an undergraduate or a graduate student.
- The Institute dates overlap with the first week of classes for Maymester 3-Week Session and Summer Session I (5 week session & 10 week session). Students enrolled in these summer semesters are not able to attend the Institute.
- Participants’ travel (from a meeting place at NC State), lodging and meals are all provided for the entire week.
- Those selected are asked to confirm their attendance in writing. This program is offered at no cost to students, but participants who confirm and do not attend are assessed a fee to cover the cost of their participation (approximately $900).
- This is a week of extensive learning, critical thinking and deep reflection. Electronics, other than cell phones, should be left home.
- Selected participants will be required to attend an information session in late March.
- For more information on The LeaderShape Institute, visit http://www.leadershape.org
Applying for the LeaderShape Institute
- The application will close on Monday, March 27th at 11:59pm. Sign up for the CSLEPS newsletter to be kept up to date on application timing.
- Participants are chosen randomly, however should any spots open they are filled from our wait list which is listed by date of application. Only fully completed applications will be considered.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact us at LeaderShape@ncsu.edu.
2017 Institute Sponsors
This life-changing leadership opportunity is offered to students at no cost. The cost of meals, lodging, transportation, and curriculum materials are supported by the generous contributions made by campus partners. A big thank you to our 2017 sponsors:
- Center for Student Leadership, Ethics, and Public Service
- University Recreation
- College of Engineering
- Student Government
- Women’s Center
- GLBT Center
- Multicultural Student Affairs
Who is the Institute for?
The curriculum was created for individuals who are committed to taking their leadership to the next level and who want to make a significant impact on campus, in their communities, and in the world.
How will we spend our time during the Institute?
Everything in the curriculum is anchored to four themes: community, inclusivity, integrity, and vision. Therefore the work that we do during the six days is tied, in some way, to these concepts.
We participate in large group activities, in small group exercises, in conversation with one another, and in personal reflection. We set out to discover our most deeply held values and greatest passions and how they can come together to give our lives and work purpose. We learn how developing a vision and plan of action can create lasting change. We reflect on how our personal styles and life experiences influence our leadership and our relationships. Those who graduate from the Institute™ leave as an agent of positive change in the world.
How is the Institute different from other conferences and residential programs?
Everyone who attends the Institute™ engages in the same activities and contributes to the same conversations. While the involvement of the individual is honored and expected, everything during the Institute™ is approached with a sense of community. Everyone is viewed as a learner and as a teacher. This belief is evident as the community is created through the contributions of everyone at the Institute, with time spent in meaningful conversation serving as its foundation.
Unlike conferences, participants don’t only leave the six days with a few tips and ideas. Graduates of the Institute™ experience a breakthrough in their leadership capacity.
Why six days?
Six days is a lot of time to give – and we ask that time of participants because we see such value in the extended time together. Six days allows us to remove ourselves from the day-to-day demands of life and focus more intently on discovering who we want to be. It gives us the chance us to move beyond the masks of our composure and embrace the opportunity to share our authentic selves. Six days for a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Six days to make the experience your own.