LeaderShape Institute at NC State
Since its inception in 1986, The LeaderShape Institute has developed a national reputation as a premier leadership development program for young adults. The LeaderShape Institute is an intensive and energizing six-day program open to any participant, institution, or workplace interested in producing extraordinary results in an organization and developing a commitment to lead with a high level of integrity.
The Mission of LeaderShape, Inc.
To offer the highest quality state-of-the-art leadership programs focused primarily on young men and women in all settings of The LeaderShape Institute; to facilitate their application through follow-up advisory support to participants and sponsor; and to be a catalyst in expanding leadership programs centered on leading with integrity to new audiences. We will have succeeded when graduates of LeaderShape programs improve the quality of their respective organization and environments.
The LeaderShape Institute at NC State University
- Will take place Tuesday, May 10th- Sunday, May 15th, 2016 at Fort Caswell Retreat and Conference Center near Wilmington, NC.
- 60 NC State students are selected and are accompanied by 10 Faculty, Staff and Student Staff serving in a variety of leadership team roles.
- In order to attend the LeaderShape Institute, you must be returning to NC State in the fall semester 2016, either as an undergraduate or a graduate student.
- Participants’ travel (from a meeting place at NC State), lodging and meals are all provided for the entire week.
- Those selected are asked to confirm their attendance in writing. This program is offered at no cost to students, but participants who confirm and do not attend are assessed a fee to cover the cost of their participation (approximately $800).
- This is a week of extensive learning, critical thinking and deep reflection. Electronics, other than cell phones, should be left home.
- Selected participants will be required to attend an information session in late March, and are expected to review the LeaderShape Expectations (click link for details).
- For more information on The LeaderShape Institute, visit http://www.leadershape.org
Applying for the LeaderShape Institute
- Applications will open February 19th on this site and will close March 20th. Stay tuned for the upcoming application period.
- Participants are chosen randomly, however should any spots open they are filled from our wait list which is listed by date of application.