Visionary Leaders Certificate – Leadership Portfolio
Once you have attended 10 LDS workshops and have completed 20 hours of community service you will then need to create a “Leadership Portfolio.” This portfolio will assist you in reflecting upon what you have learned from participation in the Leadership Development Series and service. In addition to helping you make meaning of your experiences, the portfolio will be helpful as you prepare for job interviews or graduate / professional school admission processes.
The following sections should be reflected in your portfolio. Answers to the reflection questions should be typed and organized in a professional manner. You should feel free to be creative in developing your portfolio. It should reflect who you are as a person and how you have grown from this experience. Keep the audience in mind that might review your portfolio (i.e.: job interviewers).
Part 1 – Leadership Development Workshops
Write a paragraph / page on each of the 10 LDS workshops you attended. Answer the following questions in your reflection:
- Reflect on what you learned in this workshop. Include specific examples of the most significant things you learned and why those things had meaning for you as a leader.
- How have you applied what you have learned in this workshop? What impact will it have on your leadership journey?
Part 2 – Community Service
Answer the following questions about your Community Service experience.
- Briefly describe what you did for your 20 hours of community service
- Discuss what you learned through that experience(s)
- How has involvement in this service experience impacted your attitude of actions?
- How did this service develop you as a leader?
- Is there anything you have leaned in the LDS workshops, which you applied in your service experience?
Part 3 – Campus / Community Involvement
Choose one involvement item from your resume and write a paragraph about that experience, answering the following questions:
- What did you learn from this campus / community involvement experience?
- What did you contribute to this group / activity as a leader?
- What legacy will / have you left behind for this group?
Part 4 – Resume
Please attach / include your resume in your portfolio.
Upon completing your Leadership Portfolio, please bring it to the CSLEPS office to schedule a meeting to review your portfolio with one of our staff members. Students who complete the portfolio and review process will then be awarded a “Visionary Leader Certificate.”