Visionary Leaders Certificate
The Visionary Leaders Certificate (VLC) Program is a great way to experience the Leadership Development Series (LDS) and apply what you’ve learned while attending NC State.
The Visionary Leaders Certificate is earned by:
- Download the VLC Manual and review all requirements. (If you have questions, you can request a meeting with staff to discuss.)
- Filling out the Declaration of Intent form. You may submit this via Google Forms or acquire a printed copy from a staff member in the CSLEPS suite (4111 Talley).
- Attending 12 Leadership Development Series workshops – 8 required (noted as “core” workshops) and 4 elective workshops of your choice. Complete a reflection for each workshop.
- Completing the minimum number of community service and/or civic engagement hours as outlined in the VLC Manual. You will set goals for your service and complete a reflection paper.
- Completing a leadership experience to apply what you learn in the workshops.
- Creating a Leadership Portfolio with your reflections as outlined in the VLC Manual.
- Submitting your completed Leadership Portfolio to CSLEPS. At that time you will schedule a meeting with one of our staff members to review your portfolio. Students who complete this process will then be awarded a Visionary Leader Certificate.
2016 – 2017 Portfolio Deadline: April 3, 2017
One student each year will be selected and recognized for the most outstanding portfolio and will receive the Ron Butler Leadership Award.
Butler Award Winners
- 2015: Erin Beasley
- 2014: Alexander Japit
- 2013: Suzanne Martin
- 2012: Justin Wellons
- 2011: Katina Gad
- 2010: Joseph Rozsa
- 2009: Patrick Robinson
- 2008: Sophie Francis
- 2007: Ian Jester
- 2006: Sara Harton
- 2005: Tiffany Peters
- 2004: Bryan Swierenga